Saturday, February 05, 2005

Rape Lite: a Proposal to Make Consensual Sex a Crime!

This paper suggests that sex bewteen two consenting adults be made a crime if one later objects (think the Kobe Brant case, and our firm's own Romero case discussed below).

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=581663

This proposal has proposed grave impacts on the state of sexual freedom in this country. Further still, the proposed law is at least paternalistic, and at most sexist. The contiuned prosecution of people in the Kobe Bryant or Carlos Romero situation is offensive to women because it once again seeks to portray women as weak, and incapable of consenting to sexual acts. It allows police and prosecutors to determine who is a "bad guy" or a dog (or Lothario) and essentially prosecute them for being "a dog" to women.

This proposed law is a disaster.

For more on the Carlos Romero case, which is a prime example of prosectuorial "white knightsmanship", click below:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20040918-9999-2m18pastor.html

Chip Venie, Esq.
(619) 235-8300
chipesq@hotmail.com

4 Comments:

At November 27, 2005 at 11:35 PM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Exciting blog. The site out did itself and will be
back! I love surfing the internet for blogs that are
exactly like this blog.
Please consider looking at my criminal lawyer in california blog.

 
At November 27, 2005 at 11:35 PM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

I peep the web for blogs just like this one.
Airtight blog. Your site was off the chain and I will
return!
Hey son, you need to check out my california criminal lawyer blog!

 
At November 28, 2005 at 8:37 PM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Super blog. I web surf when I have the time for
blogs like this one.Your site was nice and will be
visited again!
Please go over my criminal lawyer orange county blog.

 
At November 30, 2005 at 1:38 PM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Terrific blog. I search the internet everytime I
get a moment to find blogs. Its better than cold iced
tea and I have to visit it one more time!
I hope you can look through my criminal defense lawyer southern blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home