Friday, January 14, 2005

White Collar Offenders will get a major break with new rules

With this week's major decision in Booker and Fanfan, white collar offenders (i.e. those accused of and sentenced for fraud offenses), will be able to escape the harsh consequences of the guidelines table.
Before Booker and Fanfan, the sentence for fraud offenses was based upon the amount of loss. White collar criminals or offenders had little room to argue for leniency, the table drove the sentences. Now, a white collar offender will not have to be locked into the table, and good defense counsel can make all of the difference.


Chip Venie, Esq.
chipesq@hotmail.com
(619) 235-8300

3 Comments:

At November 27, 2005 at 3:26 AM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Astonshing blog. I relished in the site and you
know I will be going to it again! Surfing the internet
hepls me to find blogs that arfe just as good.
You must peep out my attorney california criminal defense blog.

 
At November 27, 2005 at 3:27 AM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Great blog. I surf the web looking for blogs like
this. Your site was on point and will be back again!
Search for my california federal criminal lawyer blog, please!

 
At December 9, 2005 at 11:32 AM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

I peep the web for blogs just like this one.
Airtight blog. Your site was off the chain and I will
return!
Please discover my criminal defense lawyer california blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home