Wednesday, February 23, 2005

United States Supreme Court bars racial discrimination in prisons!

In a controversial decision, the US Supreme Court held Wednesday that prisons may not temporarily discriminate on the basis of race with respect to its housing of inmates. In Johnson v. California, the high Court held that racial classifications for prisoners who had recently been transferred to a new prison must be subjected to strict scrutiny, as all governmental racial classifications must be after Adarand.

The Court threw out California's current system, see full text of opinion below:

http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/23feb20051045/www.supremecourtus.gov/opinions/04pdf/03-636.pdf

Chip Venie, Esq.
(619) 235-8300
chipesq@hotmail.com

4 Comments:

At November 26, 2005 at 5:25 PM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Creative blog.  I thought it was the best site out
and we had to go back to it! Every chance I get on the
net I search for blogs just like your site.
Come as you are and look at my criminal defense lawyer southern blog.

 
At November 26, 2005 at 5:25 PM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Fruitful blog. I favor your site and I shall
return to it! I go to sites like this when I get the
chance, and find blog just like this.
Please consider looking at my criminal lawyer orange county blog.

 
At November 27, 2005 at 3:27 AM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Exciting blog. Your site was amazing and will be
back again! I never get tired of looking for blogs
just like this one.
I beg of you, just check out my california criminal lawyer siskiyou blog.

 
At December 1, 2005 at 8:43 PM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Charming blog. Your site was off the chain and I
will return! When I get the time I look for blog like
this one.
My california vista criminal defence lawyer blog, is something you need to peep out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home