Sunday, March 13, 2005

Another Booker Blakely win in Fourth Circuit

The Fourth Circuit gave reversed a 65 year sentence last week in United States v. Johnson. The Fourth Circuit found "plain error" because a jury failed to find facts in aggravation that amounted to impostion of an extra 32.25 years to Mr. Johnson's sentence. The Court also made some interesting rulings on Miranda issues.

See full case below:

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data2/circs/4th/034677p.pdf

Chip Venie, Esq.
Chip Venie was a staff attorney for the Fourth Circuit from 1999-2000. He is now in private practice in San Diego, California.

5 Comments:

At November 25, 2005 at 9:32 PM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Unusual blog. I liked the site its from so much I
have to visit it again! I surf the web for blogs like
yours in my spare time.
Everyday of the month you need to peep my criminal defense lawyer california blog.

 
At November 26, 2005 at 7:29 AM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Energizing blog. It blew me away and I loved your
site. when I have the time to surf the net, i try
finding blogs as good as your site.
Come as you are and look at my california criminal lawyer northern blog.

 
At November 26, 2005 at 5:25 PM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Excellent blog. Your site was great and will be
finding it again!  I surf the net for blogs like
yours.
Go and click my california criminal in lawyer norwalk blog.

 
At November 27, 2005 at 11:35 PM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Hype blog. And I admire your site and plan on
returning to it! When I web surf it always helps me to
find great blogs.
It may look like it was hard work, but my california vista criminal defence lawyer blog was simple.

 
At December 8, 2005 at 3:22 PM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Unbelievable blog. I can hardly wait to vist this
site again.I'm consistently looking up blogs like
this.
Please go over my california criminal in lawyer southern blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home